Saturday, December 12, 2009

one week till we have our Family Christmas and..



am I ready???? LOL what are the odds!!! Does my house smell like Christmas cookies and fudge??..again..LOL what are the odds!!! Nope it smells like freshly painted walls and nice clean carpeting, with just a hint of a Christmas scented candle tart burning in the background!! I don't bake so no wonderful aromas coming from my oven, but they make the most wonderful scented candle tarts with names like "Grandma's Sugar Cookies" or "Country Christmas Kitchen" I think they make them just for us "cookie baking challenged" people! Never fear tho, we will have those wonderful treats, my sisters Bonnie and Susi make and bring cookies and Bohemian donuts that will make up for my lack of culinary skills.

The picture up there does not do justice to the 12+ inches that fell in our yard thanks to "snowstorm Allison" (yes, we have a weather man up here who names our storms) In Green Bay they officially got 14.6 inches. Our yard got 12 of them!!! That one hot day in August...you might still be walking over snow piles!

Today we are finishing the carpets, have to do the bedroom yet. Dear hubby shampoos, then when its dry I follow behind and put out Christmas decorations LOL what a team!!

Speaking of which, I best get going, have so much to do b4 next Friday, when everyone from down south will be here. I have some pictures of our tree picking and will try and get to them later. In the mean time memories are waiting and I best go get them. You all do the same!

As always ladies "Fill it to the Brim" if a few smiles spill over, that will be a good thing!!

Hugs and love to you all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Sissy. I'll be making the Smaginkee early Saturday morning...Remember, someone has to learn how to make these, otherwise they go to the grave with me. I love you and can't wait to "Come Home for the Holidays"...Sissy Susi