Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wonders of Wonders...





we got our tree yesterday and it wasn't the coldest day of the year and it only took about 20 minutes to find the right one instead of the usual 2 hours of looking and looking. LOL!! We cut our own every year, we go to the same place and the price is always the same. They charge $25 for a Balsam, any size or $35 for a Frasier fir. I love the Frasier, but we get a Balsam. They smell so good!! Don't get me wrong I love real trees, until its time to put the lights on....can you say excessive!! I overdo the lights, I know I do. We had a 7 1/2 ft one year and I had about 1000 lights on it. You know you have to go way back on the branches, make sure you get everyone right??!! About half way thru putting lights on I am thinking...Ok next year a pre-lit tree. But we don't and so I deal with the lights again. My hubby usually sits in the other room till I am done..smart man!! My tree never has a theme ( you know like some people, all the same color or style) Thats cool but it's not me.. I guess you would call my theme, if I had one, eclectic alittle of this and alittle of that. I have old ornaments from my Mom-in-law and some the kids made when they were in grade school. I have some that remind me of Christmas's past. Funny, my tree is like my life, alittle of this and alittle of that. Oh wow that was way to deep an observation!!
The reason I took these photos is because we have Keira and Zack coming for the weekend, actually from Thursday till Sunday. I have a feeling a few of the ornaments will be rearranged but, like Judy said it's funny and I will be laughing. And of course taking pictures.
So anyway, this is a glimpse into my home, part of my Christmas. I can't think of anyone that I would like to share it with more than all of you. Hugs my friends

Credits- "a place called home" by Misty Cato(paper) "Christmas" by Cinda(trim) I hope I got that right.

1 comment:

Gerrisscrapblog said...

Absolutely beautiful Linda!!!
You're like me. I don't like a bare spot in my tree & I have no theme, I also have a lot of Old ornaments that were handed from my grandma to my Mom, to me and it wouldn't be christmas unless they were on the tree.
I have always bought one new ornament each year & my kids have to find it. Whoever found it first
when they were little got a small toy. Whoever finds it first now as they are older gets an envelope with money in it.