Saturday, July 26, 2008

Morning......

You all know what a "Honey Do" list is right? You know a list of things that you would really like your Dear Hubby to do !! I have had a "list" for so long the paper has turned yellow with age!!
I believed that I would be lucky if anything on there ever got finished! Well!!!! I found a way to make it happen.....I turn into Tom Sawyer!! Yup, you remember the story of the fence that Tom had to whitewash and he made it look like so much fun that he managed to get all his friends to do it for him. Well ladies meet Miss Tom Sawyer!!!
We have some raised flowerbeds in the front yard and the wood that had been used was untreated so they are falling apart. Now I knew Dear Hubby was going to use some wood that he had left over from another project.so...I started working on the flower beds, you know going thru the wood, picking out the best pieces... conversation went kind of like this....
Hubby - " what ya doing?"
Wife - " oh, thought I would see if we had enough wood to do the beds, it's ok, you don't have to help"
Hubby - " Here, these are heavy let me pick the right ones out" ( ladies he is a perfectionist, by the time he had gone thru the wood, picked out the right pieces, I had made a pot of coffee, talked to my daughter on the phone and did a load of laundry)
I timed it right to go out to the yard with my ruler and start measuring the beds. It would have taken me 5 minutes to measure the 3 beds that need fixing, Dear Hubby again told me "here, I will do this, you know the measurements have to be just right! (again, ever the perfectionist)
This time, by the time he had measured, I had straightened the livingroom, worked on a scrapbook page and started supper!!
Today, the wood is all cut and waiting for me ( meaning Hubby) to put around the beds. !!!
That Tom Sawyer was one smart dude!!!! Now let's see...what else is on the "Honey Do" list!!
Well, Hubby is back from his morning walk with the dogs and I have things to get done, we have Sam coming tonight, both Mommy and Daddy have to work, so I have to go around and Sam Proof the house!! He is walking and into everything that is not nailed down!! LOL
I have a feeling my day will be filled with memories, I hope yours are too. Make them count!!
As always "fill it to the brim" if alittle spills over, don't worry, that's usually the best part!!
Hugs to you all!!!

No comments: