Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Greetings my friends...

For the faint of heart or timid, this is a disclosure, do not read any further. If I wasn't writing this, I would stop reading it. LOL

You all have seen photos of our driveway, you know we live in the country, lots of woods and fields around us...
We have an addition on our home, off the back door there is like a big enclosed back porch. There is only a crawl space under there. In the winter small animals do try to live there to stay out of the cold. They have been known to make it up into the house somehow. That doesn't thrill me, but I can deal with it....Until last night!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I should say this morning...

You have all heard how cats will bring thier masters little gifts, (gross I know) well now I know that dogs do the same...

I enjoyed a wonderful nights sleep, dogs were on and off the bed all night as usual, woke up refreshed ready to face the day..got out of bed..turned to go towards the bathroom and stopped.....sitting on the floor, looking oh so proud was our black lab, Sprig. Why so proud, you ask...she had bought me a gift.....A Mouse!!!! Poor little thing had met its demise but.....(and this is the part that made me remember that during the night, half awake, I had told one of the dogs to lay down and be still)....our dogs have a habit of taking toys or whatever they are playing with and JUMPING up on our BED...........
Dennis was already up, he was in the shower in the other bathroom. I went into the kitchen, got an old pair of kitchen tongs and yup, picked up Mr. Mouse. All the time making noises that sounded something like ooo, yuck, gross, ack!!! Tongs and Mr. Mouse now in bottom of garbage bag.
I am now sitting here with my feet tucked up under me, listening to the sounds of the washing machine..yup everything off the bed and into the wash..!!! For the 2nd time!!!
Dear Hubby is in Green Bay at the NE Wisconsin Deer Classic with our son Scott. He asked me last night if I wanted to go to town for shopping and out to lunch..haha...I got wise..I remembered Valentines day..checked the paper..found out about the Classic..and told him to call Scott..I wasn't in the mood for hotdogs and nachos!!
Well, my laundry is ready for the dryer, I have some scrapping to catch up on so I am off..
Enjoy your day Ladies. Find a memory, place it safely in your heart! As always, fill it to the brim and sip it slowly so that every moment is special!
Love and hugs to you all!!

No comments: