Saturday, August 29, 2009

Keep meaning to get in here early but...

today I have been watching the Funeral for Sen. Ted Kennedy most of the morning. What an awesome tribute to this man. Growing up, I like alot of others put the Kennedy's on some higher level, they were the "rich, powerful,better than the rest" family from Cape Cod. It was not until I got older that I realized they were so much more. No matter what your political platform is, I truly believe that you have to know that we as Americans lost a great voice, great champion and friend in our corner in Washington. My soap box is now put away.
Been a long week my friends...filled with smiles, laughs and even worry. I thank you for the Prayers for Scott, I will give you all updates when I know anything. For now it is a wait and see type thing going on(as a Mother, I hate that...I want it fixed NOW)
The "Peckin" Piranha's" are growing, they have been given a reprieve of sorts, they will be around for at least another 2 1/2 weeks or so. Yes Miss G...Larry is getting bigger and such a bully he is!!! But he is also the first one to run to the corner when anyone comes near the pen LOL!!!
The fields are producing quite well (almost to well) Farmer MacBrown bought me a tomato yesterday, he weighed it and that thing tipped the scale at 1 1/2 pounds!!!!!!! That was one big red thing!!! I am sure it wont be long and it will be time to start canning all those wonderful tasting, hand staining, shirt staining things. By the way, how did the sauce turn out Miss G??
I have informed MacBrown that our garden is way to big for just the two of us, I mean I have enough fried zucchini and eggplant to feed all of northern Wisconsin and please don't get me started on the cucumbers or green peppers OY VEY!!!!! Going to put a sign at the end of the driveway " PLEASE HELP YOURSELF" LOL But the stuff is good, so I should be happy.
Well Ladies, I have a kitchen floor to scrub (all though I am not sure why, it a matter of days it will be spattered with red juice and tomato seeds) so I best get busy. Will make some memories while I can....hope you all find time to do the same.
As always "Fill it to the Brim" make sure you share the overflow with those you love, they will thank you.
Hugs to you all always

No comments: