Saturday, November 15, 2008

A chef in the making....


Sorry I never got back here today, but this being Zack's first time over in awhile we spent the day doing lots of stuff. This morning he learned how to make eggs and toast(we skipped the bacon) he likes his eggs over easy(like grandma) so it was fun flipping those little buggers LOL
We helped Dennis out in the garage and took stuff to the dump. Played on the computer for awhile and then took a walk this afternoon. The pictures above are of Zack making "Cheesy smoked sausage /potato slow- cooker soup" He and I laughed so hard. I have one of those can openers that cut the top off without leaving a sharp edge..well Zack didn't know how to work it, anyway he figured it out. Other than me chopping the onion and potatoes, Zack made the whole thing. Dennis told him he should think about being a chef when he's older. he will make a great husband someday he really likes helping in the kitchen.
He is now fast asleep. It took him all of 5 minutes to be out like a light. I watched him sleeping and it is so hard to imagine this young boy was once so tiny that I could hold him in my arms and sing to him. Carin and Zack lived with us when he was born and then we babysat after Carin moved and started working. He has always been such a big part of our lives, I guess that's why when they moved it hit so hard. He is my bub, my best friend, such a big part of my heart.
I know what "bittersweet" means....I wanted their move to work out, because they all had to be together. My heart hurts for them that it didn't turn out that way, but my heart smiles that they are back.
Well ladies, memories were made today, smiles were abundant....it was a good day. I hope all of yours were too!
Did you "fill it to the brim?" Look around....I bet you did, even if you didn't know you were doing it!!
Hugs all, take care!!

No comments: