Saturday, September 13, 2008

New words added to marriage vows?? ....

more on that in a minute! Wow what a week. I am one tired Grandma! Up at 3:45( that's A.M) over to my son's to watch Sam and get Desi off to school. Then home by about 8:30 and watch Sam, then chop zucchini or tomatoes or what ever vegie dear Hubby has picked for the day. In between chops and dices, I am following after Sam! By bedtime I am lucky if I have sat and watched TV let alone come in here and spend more than 5 minutes! Sam is into that stage where everything is to be examined, touched and dropped on the floor as something new catches his eye! Which means after he goes home, I spend the next hour putting things back, only to have him do the same the next day! LOL But ....Sam...I love you Big time and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Speaking of chopping and dicing...everyday I am filled with the high hope that the field (garden) is coming to it's end...everyday I have that hope dashed! I honestly believe that when dear Hubby tells me he is going to check what might be ripe in the "field"...he is really sneaking out to the farmers market in town and buying more vegies!!!! We seem to have a never ending supply of tomatoes, zucchini and eggplants! Next time he goes up to the "field" I think I will follow him!!
Today it was Zucchini Cinnamon Bread, tomato juice, and zucchini casseroles! I heard him on the phone telling a friend that "next year" he wants to add more tomatoes! Wonder if a tomato or a zucchini could be used in court in a divorce hearing??!!
While we're on the subject of marriage (hehe) I have decided that new lines belong in the vows! They should read....to love..honor..obey..and be able to read husbands mind ! Single ladies be aware, it is something that will be expected of you! This was a conversation that caused some quiet time again in our home....
Loving wife- " you know dear, if Lee and Norma can't make it Sunday for dinner( They are our dear friends who helped with the chicken plucking, we had invited them to dinner to say thank you) maybe they could come on Monday or Tuesday night?"
Dear Hubby- " what do you mean, they will be here at 4 on Sunday?"
Loving(but confused) wife- " no, when you called them you told me they couldn't make it"
Hubby- " Oh, they couldn't make it at 1:00, but they could at 4:00, I thought you knew that!!"
Now that's where the new wording in the marriage vows would have come in handy!!! I guess I have to study up on mind reading and ESP. I will do that in between the chopping dicing and plucking!!!!
In the mean time, it is late. I hope you filled your day with memories, they are precious! Keep them safe, you never know when you might need one!
Did you "fill it to the brim"....if not...you have another chance tomorrow! Take the chance, you wont be sorry, no matter what!!
Hugs ladies

No comments: