Saturday, September 6, 2008

If last week seemed long and slow...

this week was the Daytona 500!! I am not sure where the days went! It seems they all just passed by way to fast. I know we were busy, we have been doing alot of canning and freezing of things from the field (the garden) but still, the days seemed to have just come and gone. We have almost reached the end of garden time fun for another year. With the help of a few friends, it has been quite a time! (You two know who you are!!!)
I plan on cleaning my kitchen today. You know putting things like tomato juicers and zucchini choppers away. I asked dear hubby if I could have my kitchen back finally...
Loving wife-" dear are we done now with the juice, we have 46 quarts"
Dear Hubby-" not sure, there are still some tomatoes up there and we could use some more salsa" ( we have about 30 pint jars of some stuff that will take the enamel off your teeth)
Loving wife(?)- " but I'd like to clean the kitchen, put things away ya know dear?"
Dear Hubby- " sure go ahead, you can clean it up, we'll just get it out later"
Ok, made perfect sense to him, I clean up the kitchen, put things away and later he gets it all out again!! (single girls, be advised, men can be strange, they can say and do things that will make you shake your head in wonder, so be prepared)
Dear hubby is going for a haircut today ( if you have seen the photos of him, there is not much to cut. His barber charges him $11 )We have this same discussion every time I want to go in for a cut.
Loving wife- " think I'll get my hair trimmed next week when we go to town"
Dear hubby- " why, it looks good, ( thanks dear, but pinned up in a clip, with no style what so ever is not my idea of looking good) besides wow they sure charge alot for just a simple haircut"
Loving wife(?)- ( who now is pushing flyaway strands of hair out of her face) My haircut only cost $ 18! Be thankful they don't charge me by the strand like your barber does you!"
After that bit of conversation our home becomes very quiet for awhile! But I love him, all 11 strands!
Well, it's time to start the day...It is so nice up here now..the weather is awesome..fall is definitely right around the corner, I have been watching the leaves fall out the window in the office, not alot but enough to know that my favorite season of the year is coming. Aw heck, the kitchen can wait, think I'll get another cup a coffee and sit here awhile.
As always "fill it to the brim" then sit back and enjoy the view, you'll be surprised at all you'll see!!
Hugs and love Ladies!

No comments: