Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bits of life....

Ok ladies, it's Saturday...I know I'm later than normal today. I have a good reason, really!! Dear hubby left early this morning to run up to Door county with my son to pick up some stuff that a friend of ours had borrowed. So it's just me and the puppies for a few hours. True confession time...We love our Hubbies(or we wouldn't have married them right, well maybe) anyway..Dennis is retired, he is home almost everyday! Togetherness is a great thing as long as it doesn't cut into my alone time!! I love having the house to myself, time on my own to do my thing. You know like that extra cup of coffee, still sitting in your pj's. Well, I have a confession to make...I am a closet dancer...I love music almost any kind and I love to dance..Now I am not some young cookie baby who knows all the latest moves, I am almost 59 and I have my own moves(add your own visual here) But when I am home alone I sometimes turn the radio or CD player on and up LOUD and dance. Yup all by myself, in the kitchen while doing dishes or sweeping the floor. I know some of you might be rethinking your relationships with me..oh well!
Sometimes just listening to the music isn't enough. This morning I had John Mellencamp on and lets just say the puppies looked at me strange while I was dancing to "R.O.C.K in the USA" But it made me feel good!
Guess that's what it's all about. Doing things that make you as an individual feel good. My dancing in the kitchen makes me feel good, happy and it isn't hurting anyone. I have always believed that we have the right to do what makes us happy...as long as what we do does not intentionally hurt anyone else. (of course if you happened to look in the window while I was doing my dance moves, it might have scared you alittle..sorry about that)
Well ladies, I hear an Elvis song calling me so I best go polish some furniture to the beat of "Wooden Heart" !! I am going to fill my day with smiles and memories, you do the same...as always " fill it to the brim" and if the overflow starts your foot tapping...go with it...it's a good thing!
Love and hugs to you all!

No comments: